J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes Seed Compost - 25 Litre
J. Arthur Bower's John Innes Seed Compost is a traditional loom-based compost with limestone and sand. The fine-textured and low nutrient formula is ideally matched to the needs of germinating seeds and rooting cuttings. Please note this item is only available for local delivery or click & collect.
- Loam is the most important ingredient as it provides a natural reservoir of plant foods, trace elements and contains some organic matter which releases nitrogen slowly to the plant. The loam in J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes is screened and sterilised to avoid any soil-borne diseases and insects.
- The sphagnum moss peat in John Innes compost improves both the aeration and water-retaining capacity, which enables the compost to make maximum use of the nutrients and trace elements in fertilisers.
- Lime-free grit sand is included to allow excess water to drain from the compost and so prevent water-logging. It also adds weight and provides stability for pot grown plants.
- Ground horticultural-grade limestone is added to give the compost the pH most plants prefer. For lime-hating plants choose John Innes Ericaceous instead.
- The compound fertiliser in John Innes provides the wide spectrum of plant nutrients needed for healthy growth. These include nitrogen for leafy growth, phosphates for root development, potash for flowering and fruiting and trace elements for colour and flavour.
Delivery & Collection
Local delivery is available to the following postcodes: LA1, LA2, LA3, LA4, LA5, LA6, LA7, LA8, LA9, LA10, LA11, LA12, LA13, LA14, LA15, LA23. Delivery is £5 under £20 and free over £20. Should you wish to shop with us in store, more delivery options are available, please ask a member of our team. Delivery will be made within 7 days of purchasing.
You may collect your order, simply checkout as normal and select 'I will collect from Beetham Nurseries' at the delivery options. This service is free of charge.
Do you have questions about this product? Feel free to send us a message via the form below and we will get back to you within 1 business working day. You can also call us on (015395) 63630 during our opening hours.